The Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Master User supports all PCC staff to learn, use, report, navigate, and troubleshoot the EMR through the facilitation of a superuser group within PCC. TheEMR Master User assists in the development of policies, procedures, and operations to ensure all care coordination, quality and compliance, billing, state and federal requirements are documented and met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a high degree of computer system expertise especially as it relates to the functionality and utilization of the EMR.
- Maintain a high degree of understanding and familiarity with care coordination models to ensure IT solutions and EMR are supporting best practices in care coordination
- Facilitate a super user group throughout PCC that will serve as EMR learning and support for all staff.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and processes relative to EMR use and training.
- Maintain, track and communicate all EMR service orders and tickets between PCC and EMR vendor.
- In collaboration with the Electronic Administrator, assist in developing, provide and oversee all training for use of the EMR.
- Coordinate with training department for overall user training program and schedules.
- In conjunction with the training department, track and monitor the learning management system to ensure accurate reporting and electronic availability of training.
- Serve as lead contact and liaison with the EMR vendor.
- Represent PCC on workgroups, committees, or networks as related to the EMR
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of project plans for EMR portal.
- Develop, provide and oversee communication of information and training of EMR portal.
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as requested.
- Assist and participate in test plans for integrated testing
- Prepare, communicate and disseminate system issues, outages, upgrades, new or changed features to all users.
- Develop, implement and monitor and continually assess user satisfaction, abilities, and overall user experience.
- Recommend and participate in quality improvement efforts in care coordination workflows to ensure the integrity of care coordination models while supporting IT functional needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of care coordination or care management models and workflows.
- Knowledge of OPWDD and/or DOH regulations, programs, and service delivery system.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, work independently and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to act quickly, assess, and act appropriately in crisis situations
- Proficient with technology and understanding of health records
- Must be willing and able to work independently and within large groups
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health or human services, business or information technology required, and:
- At least two years’ experience with care coordination or care management programs.
- Prior experience with training facilitation preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit/stand throughout day to accomplish the job
- Ability to enter data, notes, and other documentation into a computer.
- Must be able to travel throughout covered territories in Upstate NY as needed.
- Adhere to all Prime Care Coordination policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled; obtain and maintain required certifications/training by State regulations and PCC policy
- Act as a professional representative of PCC in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.