The Director of IT is responsible to direct the day to day IT operations of Prime Care Coordination (PCC). This includes prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies. Using an active and practical approach, the Director of IT will assist in attaining the strategic goals established in the Company’s strategic plan. The Director of Information Technology will be responsible for ensuring top-quality, customer-centered support and seamless interaction between IT and various business units.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively with business leaders to present a cohesive technology, innovative strategy, and road map to ensure effective integration of multiple, complex technology environments.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommend technical solutions.
- Evaluate and implement IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure. Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts. Ensure that hardware, software, and web systems are reliable, secure, and efficient.
- Remain current with and aware of changing technology trends, regulations, and laws that might affect the organization and our business. Make recommendations for updates or changes as needed.
- Help establish and enforce policies related to computer applications and software design with the intent to maintain consistency throughout the organization. Ensure all protocols are followed and in compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with consumer expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy and security.
- Ensures users/customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
- Work with users to define requirements, produce system specifications, coordinate programming, and determine priorities.
- Determine department training needs and coordinate training as needed.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to drive a strong customer service mindset within the IT team, demonstrating strong service leadership
- Ability to multitask and deliver programs across a wide range of priorities. The incumbent should possess strong business acumen.
- Requires well-developed and highly effective listening, communication, presentation, and persuasive skills, including the ability to receive, process, and present information to diverse audiences while maintaining effective, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be able to facilitate effectively, multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines, as well as work in a collaborative environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible information technology experience, 3 or more years in a leadership role, including managing direct and contracted resources, preferred.
- Proven experience executing comprehensive solutions delivery and service desk delivery to improve the organization’s overall approach to technology; strong project management principles and methodologies; budget management experience.