The Director of Clinical Supports for Prime Care Coordination (PCC) is responsible for assisting in the efforts to design and develop all clinical coordination supports for the Care Coordination Organization/Health Homes (CCO/HH). In conjunction with the Director of Care Coordination, the Director of Clinical Supports will align the clinical supports with the long-term vision and goals of the I/DD service delivery system as it transforms to managed care. The Director of Clinical Supports will support the clinical team and work in conjunction with the Regional Directors to assure direction and education is provided to the Care Management team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, recommend and oversee clinical support policies and procedures within the Care Coordination programs and ensure all employees are trained and adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Provide direct supervision and support to the clinical team within Prime Care’s regions.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and development of the clinical support team.
- Collaborate with Quality Management services to assist with the monitoring quality management plan and compliance issues pertaining to clinical supports.
- Assist the Director of Care Coordination in conducting and coordinating program evaluation and quality improvement activities in Care Coordination service delivery.
- Prepare reports required for all programs, the organization, and funding sources.
- Coordinate and network with other organizations, agencies, and service providers to foster community collaboration in addressing the needs of individuals and families.
- Provide on-going training to the clinical support teams.
- Oversee a comprehensive clinical support training plan for all care management staff
- Develop and oversee on-call clinical support schedules and provide crisis intervention and on-call support as required.
- Represent Prime Care Coordination on appropriate committees, boards, and task forces.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OPWDD and/or DOH program and service delivery system.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, work independently and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to act quickly, assess and act accordingly in crisis situations.
- Basic technology skills and understanding of health records.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Must be licensed and currently registered as a Registered Nurse by the New York State Education Department; BSN preferred.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience with proven success in program and operations development.
- Specialized training or one year of professional experience in working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Adhere to all Prime Care Coordination policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled; obtain and maintain required certifications/training by State regulations and PCC policy.
- Act as a professional representative of PCC in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.