The Assistant Director of Care Coordination for Prime Care Coordination (PCC) is responsible for assisting in the efforts to design and develop all care coordination services for the CCO/HH. The Assistant Director of Care Coordination will assist the Director of Care Coordination with the strategic direction and brand of care coordination for the CCO/HH that aligns with long term vision and goals of the I/DD service delivery system transformation to managed care. The Assistant Director assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of all day-to-day operations and employees for care coordination service delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director of Care Coordination in developing, recommending and overseeing policies and procedures within the CC programs and ensure all employees are trained and adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the developing and implementing a comprehensive and person-centered approach to CC services ensuring cross-systems integration for all individuals and families served.
- Provide direct supervision and support to the Regional Directors with Prime Care’s Network.
- Assist the Director in monitoring all purchases and expenses for CC programs.
- Collaborate with Quality Management services to assist with the development and monitoring of quality management plan and compliance issues pertaining to CC service delivery
- Assist the Director of Care Coordination in conducting and coordinating program evaluation and quality improvement activities in CC service delivery
- Prepare reports required for all programs, organization and funding sources.
- Coordinate and network with other organizations, agencies and service providers to foster community collaboration in addressing the needs of individuals and families.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive training plan for all care management staff
- Develop and oversee on-call support schedules and provide crisis intervention and on-call support as required
- Serve as a contributing member of PCC leadership team offering strategic thinking, planning, and execution for the overall organization.
- Provide oversight and ensure participation in Incident Management system for CC services.
- Represent Prime Care Coordination on appropriate committees, boards, and task forces.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization. Effectively communicate Prime Care’s services, mission, and vision internally and externally.
- Assist with the oversight of recruiting, hiring, developing, leading, and empowering the Care Coordination staff members to set, monitor, and achieve reasonably challenging goals that deliver on the mission and vision of Prime Care. Provide timely and relevant feedback to reinforce accountability for performance, behaviors, and results.
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, State, and Federal regulations and agency policies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OPWDD and/or DOH program and service delivery system.
- Proficient in budgeting, finance, quality and performance management metrics.
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, work independently and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to act quickly, assess and act accordingly in crisis situations
- Basic technology skills and understanding of health records
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Healthcare, Business or Human Services Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience with proven success in program and operations development.
- Experience and history of proven success in program development and managed care, services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or health home care management preferred.