Prime Care Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
OPWDD announced on April 14 the resumption of Community Habilitation, Self Hired Habilitation and Respite services for families who have children in school with pre-approved, OPWDD supported services. These services are authorized for use during the school day.
The COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated social distancing accommodations that have caused hardship for many families, so this authorization by OPWDD brings great relief to families who utilize Community Hab/Respite services.
This authorization applies only to families with approved services and excludes new service requests, and will remain in effect only throughout the duration of the COVID-19 crisis.
Additional details from OPWDD are forthcoming and we will be sure to keep you updated as we learn more about this exciting development.
More helpful tools:
- OPWDD has created a COVID-19 Plain Language document which is now available on their website.
- Find more information and guidance on COVID-19 as it relates to people with developmental disabilities at the following link: https://opwdd.ny.gov/coronavirus-guidance
- CCO Protocol for Identification and Prioritization of High-Needs
- COVID-19 Emergency Resource Search
- CDC Guidelines on Cloth Face Coverings and How to make your own masks (sew and no-sew)
- CCO Letter of Communication to Residential Providers and PAs
Prime Care Coordination On-Call Numbers:
- Western New York: 716-392-4812
- Finger Lakes: 585-217-3233
- Central New York: 315-584-3635
- Southern Tier: 607-222-9156
- Mohawk Valley: 315-584-3636
Check out "Our Champions" Newsletter, put together by the seven Care Coordination Organizations that support over 105,000 lives in New York collectively.