Prime Care Coordination, LLC (PCC) is an entity established with the goal of designation as a Care Coordination Organization/Health Home (CCO/HH) for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. (I/DD) Upon approval, PCC will provide person-centered, holistic care coordination to ensure high-quality care that is integrated and supports the needs of people with I/DD across 41 counties in Upstate New York.
The Care Manager’s primary function is to work in partnership with individuals with I/DD to coordinate care and services needed to assist individuals to achieve optimal health, wellness, and life goals. The Care Manager is responsible to provide Health Home care services including comprehensive care management, care coordination, and health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, individual and family support, referral to community and social support services, and use of Health Information Technology to link services. Care Managers will provide all services with a person-centered approach and that aligns with NYS OPWDD Valued Outcomes.
This Care Manager position will be in the Finger Lakes region and is bilingual.
*For internal applicants only.*
If selected for this position, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to identify an individual’s clinical and psychosocial needs, choices, and preferences for services
- Assess and address health and safety issues as well as barriers to care and treatment including social determinants of health
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team and incorporate input into comprehensive assessment and Life Plan
- Develop and maintain a person-centered Life Plan that coordinates and integrates an individual’s clinical and non-clinical healthcare related needs and services
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of and provide updates as needed to the Life Plan
- Incorporate health promotion and support opportunities for individuals to achieve and maintain optimal health and wellbeing
- Coordinate and ensure access to chronic disease management
- Facilitate referrals to clinical and community resources, including planning, referrals, and follow-up for transitional care
- Coordinate and provide access to long-term care supports and services
- Engage families and natural supports in the care coordination process
- Ensure all individuals and families receive services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate
- Advocate on behalf of the individual
- Promote self-advocacy and the ability to self-direct
- Use Health Information Technology for documentation, to link services, and facilitate communication among care coordination team
- Secure all health records and other protected information with the highest regard to confidentiality and HIPAA laws and regulations
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, Medicaid compliance, and PCC policies and procedures
- Document all services and maintain appropriate records following all established documentation procedures
- Represent PCC on workgroups, committees, advisory groups or networks as assigned
- Participate in opportunities for continued training and education
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience OR
- A license as a Registered Nurse with two years of relevant experience, which can include any employment experience and is not limited to case management/service coordination duties OR
- A Master’s degree with one year of relevant experience.
To be considered for this position, you must be or have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to act quickly, assess and act accordingly in crisis situations
- Basic technology skills and understanding of health records
- Knowledge of ethical and professional responsibilities and boundaries
- Demonstrate professional work habits including dependability, time management, independence and responsibility
- Ability to sit/stand throughout the day to accomplish the job
- Ability to enter data, notes, and other documentation into a computer.
- Must be able to travel throughout covered territories in Upstate NY as needed.
Corporate Qualifications and Expectations:
- Adhere to all Prime Care Coordination policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled; obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Maintain all required certifications/training by State regulations and PCC policy
- Act as a professional representative of PCC in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.