Prime Care Coordination, LLC (PCC) is an entity established with the goal of designation as a Care Coordination Organization/Health Home (CCO/HH) for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. (I/DD) Upon approval, PCC will provide person-centered, holistic care coordination to ensure high-quality care that is integrated and supports the needs of people with I/DD across 41 counties in Upstate New York.
The Care Manager Supervisor’s primary function is to provide support, guidance, and supervision of Care Managers as they work in partnership with individuals with I/DD to coordinate care and services needed to assist individuals to achieve optimal health, wellness, and life goals. The Care Manager Supervisor is responsible to provide direct oversight of Care Managers to ensure provision of high quality Health Home core services including comprehensive care management, care coordination and health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, individual and family support, referral to community and social support services, and use of Health Information Technology to link services.
This Care Manager Supervisor position will be in the Finger Lakes region and is bilingual.
*For internal applicants only.*
If selected for this position, you will be responsible for:
- Provide supervision and support to staff assigned, including but not limited to assisting in hiring, scheduling, evaluating, ongoing staff development, team meetings, and individual supervisory meetings.
- Review assessments, plans, progress notes and other documentation as required to ensure necessary detail, content to meet regulatory requirements and standards
- Develop and support staff learning and professional development goals; ensure assigned staff complete all required training.
- Ensure Care Managers are providing services with a person-centered approach that aligns with NYS OPWDD Valued Outcomes.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to Care Managers to ensure individuals are receiving supports needed.
- Ensure coverage and provide care coordination for assigned care manager caseloads and/or cover caseloads as needed
- Monitor the development and implementation of the Lifeplan and other required assessments to ensure a comprehensive approach to an individual’s clinical and psychosocial needs, choices, and preferences for services
- Monitor use of all Health Information Technologies for documentation to assure that services are documented per PCC policies and procedures
- Secure health records and other protected information with the highest regard to confidentiality and HIPAA laws and regulations
- Assist with periodic internal audits to ensure regulations, compliance standards, and PCC policies/procedures are followed
- Participate in and facilitate (as needed) individual case reviews and conferences.
- Provide periodic reports as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, Medicaid compliance, and PCC policies and procedures
- Provide on-call support as scheduled
- Participate in and facilitate staff and team meetings
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as requested
- At least one-year supervisory/leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience OR
- A license as a Registered Nurse with two years of relevant experience, which can include any employment experience and is not limited to case management/service coordination duties OR
- A Master’s degree with one year of relevant experience.
To be considered for this position, you must be or have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to act quickly, assess and act accordingly in crisis situations
- Basic technology skills and understanding of health records
- Knowledge of ethical and professional responsibilities and boundaries
- Demonstrate professional work habits including dependability, time management, independence, and responsibility
- Some positions may require bi-lingual skills
- Ability to sit/stand throughout the day to accomplish the job
- Ability to enter data, notes, and other documentation into a computer.
- Must be able to travel throughout covered territories in Upstate NY as needed.
Corporate Qualifications and Expectations:
- Adhere to all Prime Care Coordination policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled; obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Maintain all required certifications/training by State regulations and PCC policy
- Act as a professional representative of PCC in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.