Posting Date: June 21, 2018
Job Grade/Salary: To be discussed through interview
Prime Care Coordination, LLC (PCC) is an entity established with the goal of designation as a Care Coordination Organization/Health Home (CCO/HH) for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. (I/DD) Upon approval, PCC will provide person-centered, holistic care coordination to ensure high quality care that is integrated and supports the needs of people with I/DD across 41 counties in Upstate New York.
The Care Manager Supervisor’s primary function is to provide support, guidance and supervision of Care Managers as they work in partnership with individuals with I/DD to coordinate care and services needed to assist individuals achieve optimal health, wellness, and life goals. The Care Manager Supervisor is responsible to provide direct oversight of Care Managers to ensure provision of high quality Health Home core services including comprehensive care management, care coordination and health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, individual and family support, referral to community and social support services, and use of Health Information Technology to link services.
If selected for this position, you will be responsible for:
- Provide supervision and support to staff assigned
- Review assessments, plans, progress notes and other documentation as required to ensure necessary detail
- Develop and support staff learning and professional development goals
- Ensure assigned staff complete all required trainings.
- Ensure Care Managers are providing all services with a person-centered approach and that aligns with NYS OPWDD Valued Outcomes.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to Care Managers to ensure individuals are receiving supports needed.
- Assist with enrollment and outreach as needed
- Provide on-call support as scheduled.
- Participate in and facilitate staff and team meetings
- Ensure coverage and provide care coordination for assigned care manager caseloads and/or cover caseloads as needed.
- Monitor the development and implementation of the Lifeplan and other required assessments
- Monitor use of all Health Information Technologies for documentation
- Assist with periodic internal audits
- Represent PCC on workgroups, committees, advisory groups or networks as assigned
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, Medicaid compliance, and PCC policies and procedure
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience OR
- A license as a Registered Nurse with two years of relevant experience, which can include any employment experience and is not limited to case management/service coordination duties OR
- A Master’s degree with one year of relevant experience.
- 1 year supervisory or leadership experience
To be considered for this position, you must be or have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to act quickly, assess and act accordingly in crisis situations
- Basic technology skills and understanding of health records
- Knowledge of ethical and professional responsibilities and boundaries
- Demonstrate professional work habits including dependability, time management, independence and responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing