Posting Date: May 21, 2018
Job Grade/Salary: To be discussed through interview
Project Start Date: Ongoing
Prime Care Coordination, LLC (PCC) is an entity established with the goal of designation as a Care Coordination Organization/Health Home (CCO/HH) for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. (I/DD) Upon approval, PCC will provide person-centered, holistic care coordination to ensure high quality care that is integrated and supports the needs of people with I/DD across 41 counties in Upstate New York.
The Care Manager’s primary function is to work in partnership with individuals with I/DD to coordinate care and services needed to assist individuals achieve optimal health, wellness, and life goals. The Care Manager is responsible to provide Health Home core services including comprehensive care management, care coordination and health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, individual and family support, referral to community and social support services, and use of Health Information Technology to link services. Care Managers will provide all services with a person-centered approach and that aligns with NYS OPWDD Valued Outcomes.
If selected for this position, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments
- Assess and address health and safety issues
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team
- Develop and maintain a person-centered Life Plan
- Monitor and facilitate implementation of and provide updates as needed to the Life Plan
- Incorporate health promotion
- Coordinate and ensure access to chronic disease management
- Facilitate referrals to clinical and community resources
- Coordinate and provide access to long-term care supports and services
- Engage families and natural supports into the care coordination process
- Ensure all individuals and families receive services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate
- Advocate on behalf of the individual
- Promote self-advocacy and the ability to self-direct
- Use Health Information Technology for documentation, to link services, and facilitate communication among care coordination team
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience OR
- A license as a Registered Nurse with two years of relevant experience, which can include any employment experience and is not limited to case management/service coordination duties OR
- A Master’s degree with one year of relevant experience.
To be considered for this position, you must be or have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to act quickly, assess and act accordingly in crisis situations
- Basic technology skills and understanding of health records
- Knowledge of ethical and professional responsibilities and boundaries
- Demonstrate professional work habits including dependability, time management, independence and responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.